For the past three years, the North High Art Department felt in order for us to get a true assessment on student learning we administered a written final examination. Below is an excerpt along with 2 well-written essays.
Select one unit from above and using the format outlined below, write a minimum of a one-page essaydetailing all aspects of the unit. Each paragraph should consist of 3 sentences and no more than 7 sentences for each bullet item below. The essay should consist of ideas, content, and supporting details. Attention should be paid to voice, word choice, sentence structure and conventions (6-trait writing).
- Name of Unit
- Core Concepts explained in detail
- Vocabulary-used, defined and applied
- Pre-sketchbook assignment/technique exercises
- Assignment details (what did you have to create? end product)
- Processes and techniques (what you had to do to make the art piece)
- Assessment and Grading Criteria (what specific criteria did your final piece have to contain or demonstrate?)
written by Savannah P
Written by Elizabeth M